Friday, July 31, 2009

Realism meets Post Modernism

And now the election of Bush makes sense.

Richard Right’s, Slow History of Progress is verry, verrry interesting. I can’t wait to read The Inheritors By William Golding. ( Who also wrote Lord of the Flies – I didn’t know that) - that is when I feel like reading isn’t the only thing between me and a decent nights sleep.

He questions how the historical evolution of humans played out – through natural selection or genocide.
But his comment regarding the nature of the political rights motives were particularly interesting. And something that has been eating at me all day. But as few people were able to access the mp3 (it needs real player), I felt somewhat alone in my discomfort.
Project New American Century lays out exactly the type of insistence that certain society has to propagate their position on the evolutionary scale. Where many of us dream of peace, there are those who see the world as ‘eat or be eaten.’ It is a comforting notion that this ‘realist’ way of thinking may be evolutionary baggage that has been carried over by our distant past, rather that part of the wave of the future. (fingers crossed).
I think Chomsky (and you Jennifer) would like this quote I pulled:
“Human word is the power that orders chaos” (or is at least what we grab onto in an attempt)

No comments:

Post a Comment